Gooru Tip - Maximize the video player and adjust video quality for optimal viewing!
NOTE – Video has been updated to reflect updates to Gmail and Google Drive. Please disregard the instructions below. To view a detailed instruction, please visit Adding Google Docs as Email Attachments.
1. While composing an email, click the ‘Attach a file’ link below your subject line.
2. A window will appear, displaying various folders saved to your computer.
- Navigate the window to the Google Drive folder and open it.
- Select the document you would like to attach. You will notice that your Google Drive documents are represented by the Google icons, not Word, PowerPoint, or Excel.
- Opening the file should attach it to your email, and you are free to send.
3. Keep in mind that the document must be shared with the person beforehand. This will allow them to open the document upon receiving your email.
There are plenty of ways to share documents in Google Docs, but this option is much more intuitive for users who are new to Gmail and Google Apps. We hope you like the video, and if you have any questions or ideas for new videos, be sure to leave us a message in the comments section below. Thanks!